Tuesday, December 29, 2015
Grapefruit has a number of heath and nutritional benefits , a few of them are summarized below:
1. Grapefruits are low in calories but full in nutrients, it helps lose weight while providing the essential nutrients to the body.
2. It is an excellent source of Vitamin C, which is important to support the body's immune system. Vitamin C rich fruits like grapefruit helps reduce the symptoms of common cold.
3. Grapefruit is rich in vitamins and antioxidants that prevent from condions like heart disease, stroke and cancer.
4. The Vitamin C in grapefruit acts as a natural anti histamine and protects from many allergic symptoms.
5. Grapefruit contains 'naringenin' which gives it a bitter taste. This chemical is known to help prevent the formation of kidney stones and cysts.
6. Research have shown that grapefruit can reduce gum bleeding in patients with gum disease. The rich source of Vitamic C in grapefruit helps repair and heal tissues rapidly.
7. The peculiar smell of citrus grape fruit have known to reduce stress and anxiety.