Tuesday, December 30, 2014
A Brief Overview;
Every individual may suffer from stress at some point in their lives and it is a common thinking that there is nothing one can do about stress. The usual day to days problems like paying monthly bills, lack of time to complete a particular task, family responsibilities etc cannot be vanished all of a sudden to get a stress free life. The idea here is to manage stress in a healthy way while dealing with daily responsibilities as well.
Managing stress actually means taking in charge of your thoughts, emotions and schedule in a healthy reasonable way, that can help you deal with the daily problem more easily.
The Physiology of Stress:
If we need to understand stress it is actually some thing that can interfere with bodily or mental well being. Scientists and physicians use the term stress for any force that impairs the stability of balance of bodily functions. But the point to note here is that not all stress are bad, in fact at times mild degrees of stress and tension can be beneficial. For example getting stressed out to prepare for the upcoming exams helps a student to prepare more effectively, give more time to study and thus get a good result. Eliminating stress is practically impossible as well as unhealthy. since it is a part of normal life.
Management Of Stress:
When we talk about managing stress it actually means ways to get control over our stress and learn some relaxing techniques. This may help so that the body is not over burdened by the effects of stress so much to cause physical or mental illness.
Here are few techniques that may help:
1. Try To Identify the Source Of Stress: Stress management can usually begin first by identifying the source of stress. it is not as easy as it sounds. Many times the true source of stress is not obvious and also there may be more than one reasons. Writing down a dairy may sometimes help to figure out the problem and work over it. At times the cause may be temporary like a deadline for completing an assignment. This can give some relief thinking that it will be over soon.
2. Organize Yourself: At times things can over burden you just because you have not organized yourself. Take better control of the way you spend your time and energy and the stress can be managed more effectively.
3. Avoid Unhealthy Ways of Coping With Stress: People deal with the day to day stressor in different ways. Some may cope with he stress using unhealthy ways that may give some relief temporarily but are harmful in the long run. Instead of smoking, drinking, using drugs, over or under eating . sleeping for long hours etc try to change the situation in a more healthier way.
4. Learn To Alter The Stressful Situation: many times a stressful situation can not be avoided so learn ways to alter the situation.
Monday, December 29, 2014
Sunday, December 28, 2014
Martial relationships are particularly more more to conflicts because spouses live together with great intimacy and interdependence. These qualities makes the partners more vulnerable to each other.
The term conflict gives a picture for disagreement and misunderstanding in the mind but sometimes a successfully solved conflict between the spouses can even strength the bond of relationship and make things clear between the partners.
Most Frequent Reasons For A Conflict:
The most frequent topics of conflict between the spouses are usually matters like:
- Financial Problems
- Making decisions for children
- Family plannings
- House work
- Jealousy and competition of being more superior
- Likes and dislikes for food
- Choice of Job
- Keeping secrets
- Having extramarital affairs etc....
Tips For A Successful Marriage and Ways To Avoid and Prevent Conflicts:
Although at times conflicts are unavoidable it is important for a married couple to try their best to keep their marriage successful and happy and prevent conflicts. Here are a few tips that may help:
1. Accepting and Adjusting to the Differences : It is important to understand that each partner is an individual with a different feelings and upbringings. Also men and women have their own ways of interacting and understandings. Once married each partner should understand this reality and try to adjust with the differences. Men and women have different ways of expressing their emotions with men mostly trying to avoid the emotion and feel it inside while women most often tend to raise concerns and problems.
2. Open Communication: A good communication can be difficult especially at times of conflict. But it is important as sometimes people hear a different message than what the speaker intended to say and this creates misunderstandings. Talking again on the same problem a a later time may help clear the things that might have been misunderstood before.
Partners can learn to communicate better by giving time to listening and understanding without going to conclusions too soon.
3. Forgive Each Other: It is important for the spouses to forgive each other for the day to day conflicts and clear up the feelings of hurt. Forgiveness enables the partners to stay emotionally connected and stay positive with their marriage. Forgiving makes the relationship grow even more stronger.
1. Try To Determine The Cause: Men and women sometimes notice that their hair is thinning and they are losing a lot of hair. Their may be a number of underlying cause like advancing age, menopause, genetics, illnesses, drugs, nutritional imbalances or deficiencies etc. If a definite cause is known treatment and prevention of hair loss may be more easy by avoiding or managing the factor that is causing the problem.
2. Take Vitamins: Vitamins are needed for healthy hair and skin. If you are losing hair may be you have an underlying vitamin deficiency. taking daily vitamin supplements may help prevent hair loss and maintain healthy hair. Vitamin A is an antioxidant that promotes healthy production of sebum in the scalp. Vitamin E stimulates circulation which is good for healthy hair follicles. Vitamin B helps give hair a healthy color.
3. Eat Fruits and Vegetables: Fresh fruits and vegetables are a good source of vitamins, minerals and essential nutrients , all of which prevent hair loss.
4. Get a Protein Rich Food: Protein is important to strength hair and promote growth. It is recommended to take a food rich in protein either through meat or beans, Nuts, seeds, egg and fish in the diet helps create a healthier scalp, prevents hair loss and gives you a beautiful healthy and thicker hair.
5. Avoid using Excessive chemical On Your Hair: Using different chemicals for hair styling and hair coloring may have harmful effects leading to hair loss. Try to avoid using those chemical on your hair and also avoid experiments with different products advertised for hair growth.
6. Oil Massage: Using any natural oil like coconut, olive or canola oil , and massaging it gently through the scalp is very beneficial. It promotes good circulation, removes dryness and dandruff and gives a soothing effect along with preventing hair loss.
Eating Fresh apples is always good for human body and good health and it provides lots of nutritional benefits.
1. Provides Good Taste: Apples are a tasty fruit that many kids and adults like. It is easily available fruit and tastes great when eaten fresh, in the form of fruit salad or as a fruit juice. Enjoy it the way you like and get the associated health benefits.
2. Protects Your Heart: Apples are a rich source of a chemical known as qurcetin that seems to protect the lining of the blood vessels and have protective effects against various heart diseases.
3. A Rich Source of Powerful Antioxidants: Apples contain a powerful source of antioxidants which helps prevent the free radical damage in the body. This boosts up the immune system, protects against various cancers and diseases.
4. Good For Oral Health And Teeth: Crunchy fruits like apples acts as a mini tooth brush when they are chewed. While chewing it helps remove stubborn stains and cleans up the teeth. Bit it is important that one should rinse after eating apples as they still contain sugar and acid which if left over on the teeth may have reverse effects.
5. Provides Fiber: Apples contain soluble fiber which helps control blood cholesterol and improves digestive health.
6. Helps Control Health Weight: Apples can provide essential nutrients and calories without unnecessary gain in weight. Apple can be a good snack that takes away hunger but at the same time prevents weigh gain.
7. Helps Control Symptoms Of Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Irritable bowel syndrome is characterized by symptoms of diarrhea alternating with constipation and abdominal pain. To control these symptoms doctors usually recommend staying away from fatty and dairy food products and encourage to eat fiber rich food. Apples are the best choice which help control the symptoms.
8. A Fruit Good For Patients With Diabetes: Apple is one of the fruits that are safe for patients with diabetes. It has a low glycemic content and thus helps control blood sugar levels.
9. Good For patients With Asthma; A study done in Britain shows that patients with asthma who regularly took apples has gradual improvement in their lung function and had fewer allergic symptoms.
Saturday, December 27, 2014
Wednesday, December 24, 2014
Everyone of us knows that death is inevitable but most of us don't think about it until it is a time to face it. With the advancement in the filed of medicine a lot of diseases can be diagnosed and if God forbid someone is given a news of being diagnosed with a terminal illness that is going to lead to death in a few months time it is really very shocking and difficult to accept it.
A few points are summarized here to help and support those with a diagnosis of a terminal illness.
1. Hearing The News for The First Time: Patients who might get to hear the diagnosis of a terminal illness are usually not well but almost none of us can except to hear such a dreaded news. Being sick is fine but there are hopes to get well soon. Learning for the first time about such an illness is initially very shocking and the patient may feel numb and refuse to accept it.
It is important for the physician to ask the patient if he /she needs a close friend or a family member to accompany when coming for the results.
2. Going Through the Process Of Grief: It is completely normal for a person to go through a process of grief similar to when one loses a beloved one or faces death of someone very close. This process of grieving may have a range of emotions like:
- Finally Acceptance.
3. Look And Ask For Different Options: Although on the first time the patient may be so numb and confused it is important to have a follow up appointment with the physician when both the doctor and the patient can work together and discuss different available options regarding the further management. The patient can also search for better options and how to live along with the disease.
It is also important that the patient gets a chance to ask all the questions in his mind and the ways to deal with the disease process.
4. Sharing the feelings; Sharing the feelings and the sadness with the people you trust is an important step in getting relief and support. It is always personal and it should not be forced to speak to someone if the patient don't feel like to. Some people may like to be left alone to grieve.
Nowadays one can fine many support groups where people can fine others suffering from the same process and can more openly share their feelings.
5. Disclosing It To friends And Family: Sometimes it becomes very hard to give the bad news to close friends and family members. It is important also to discuss personal choices like funeral arrangements etc with the close members.
Young kids may go into grieving process knowing about their parents illness. This issue should also be addressed appropriately.
Tuesday, December 23, 2014
Allah says in the Holy Quran in Surah -Al Baqarah Chapter 2 verse 186:
When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close to them, I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calls on Me, let them also , with a will, listen to My call and believe in Me, that they may walk in the right way.Here are a few point summarized that may help us get closer to Allah. May Allah guide us all to the right path. Ameen
1. Make Dua (Supplications ) To Allah Alone : For every step in our life we first of all need Allah's help and guidance. Similarly if we want to get closer to Allah and be good practicing Muslim the first thing is to ask Allah for His help and guidance. We should know that nothing could change without Allah's help and permission. to improve our faith We should ask Allah and surely Allah will guide us.
2. Pray the Obligatory Prayers (Salat) Five times A Day: Always pray at the prescribed timing. Never miss your salat and while you pray forget about everything in your life and just remember Allah. this will give you peace of mind and heart.
3. Praying Nawafil prayers: When one is praying salat he is very close to Allah. Beside the obligatory prayers one should give time to pray nawafil prayers and seek Allah's helps. Allah says in the Holy Quran in Surah Al- Baqarah chapter 2 verse 45- 46
And seek help in patience and As-salat (the prayers) and truly it is extremely heavy and hard except for those who are true believers in Allah, who bear in mind the certainty that they are to meet their Lord, and that they are to return to Him.4. Praying the Night prayer (Thajjud) : Praying at night and supplicating to Allah when every thing is silent and people are sleeping is a good way to come closer to Allah. According to a Hadith in Sahih Muslim :
The best prayer after the obligatory prayer is the night prayer5. Try To Avoid Sins: Humans do make mistakes but try to avoid sins as much as possible. Don't backbite, never go even close to adultery, stay away from haram food and income, don't speak lies.
Monday, December 22, 2014
1. Anti-oxidant rich vegetable preventing a variety of cancers: Carrot is an anti-oxidant rich vegetable and has a protective effect against a number of cancers like leukemia, lung cancer and colorectal cancer.
2. Improves vision: carrots are rich in beta carotene that is converted to Vitamin A. It restores vision by preventing damages caused by vitamin A deficiencies. Vitamin A is transformed in the retina to rhodopsin, a pigment necessary for night vision. Beta carotene has also been shown to protect against macular degeneration and senile cataracts.
3. Rich In Vitamins: Carrots not only contain beta carotene a precursor for Vitamin A but also has other healthy vitamins like Vitamin K that helps in the clotting process after any injury, and Vitamin B6 which is good for a healthy nervous system.
4. Improves Immune System: Certain anti-oxidants and pytochemicals in the carrots helps improve body's immune system preventing from infections.
5. Slows down Aging: Beta carotene, vitamins and anti oxidants in the carrots protect from cell damage and early aging.
6. Healthy Skin: Eating carrots provides the essential vitamins as well as grated carrots mixed with honey can make a convenient facial mask giving a healthy glow to the skin.
7. Helps clean your mouth and teeth: Eating raw carrots gives a pleasant crunch along with cleaning the plague and food particles. It stimulates production of saliva which is alkaline and balance out acid forming bacterial cavities.
Friday, December 19, 2014
This Surah in other words is a prayer that Allah has taught us in this Holy book Quran.
Different names For Surah Al Fatiha:
Surah Al Fatiha has been given many names like
- Umme-ul-Kitab ( The mother of the Book ),
- Surat-al-Hamad ( the Surah of Praise) and
- the Seven oft repeated verses, because it is recited repeatedly in every prayer five times a day.
- Al-Ruqiya ( The Spiritual cure )
The Basic Summary:
Surat Al Fatiha contains all the fundamental principles laid down in the Holy Quran in a condensed form. It describes the uniqueness and oneness of God, Allah the Almighty. Allah is the only power that can guide and help us to the right path and protect from the wrong path.
Meaning And Explanations:
1. In the Name of Allah the Most Beneficent , The Most Merciful
2. Al hamdu lilllahi rabbil aalameen
(All praise is only for Allah, the Lord of the Universe.)
Allah alone deserves to be praised for everything, Starting the first Surah which is actually a prayer, with the praise of Allah teaches us how to supplicate by praising Allah. For any prayer before putting forward our request we should first of all praise Allah, as He deserves it for everything He has given us. The Hamd or Praise of Allah is a fact, Allah is the Lord, the King, the Creator of the whole universe and everything that exists.
3. Ar Rehamannir Raheem
( The Entirely Merciful, The Most Gracious )
Rehman and Raheem are two great names of Allah that explains the great mercy and beneficence. These names explain the mercy of Allah in its highest degree.
Thursday, December 18, 2014
1. Stick to the same bed time and wake time, even on weekends. This helps keep your body's natural clock regulated and fall asleep easily and wake up on time.
2. While taking a day time nap be careful to limit it to a short time up to thirty minutes which will help you relax but will not lead to night time insomnia.
3. Avoid caffeine, alcohol,nicotine and other chemicals that interfere with sleep. Don't take coffee, tea, chocolate, cola, and some pain relievers for 4 to 6 hours before sleep.
4. The bedroom should have a sleep inducing environment. Avoid noise and keep it dark and comfortable. The room should be well ventilated and the mattress and the pillows should be comfortable.
5. Keep computers, TV, work material and even pets out of your bed room so that you are not distracted and get a comfortable sleep.
6. A few relaxing bedtime rituals may include reading a book or magazine in a soft light, taking a warm bath, listening to soft music, doing some easy stretches and making simple preparation for the next day.
7. Exercise regularly which helps you get a more deep comforting sleep.
8. Avoid heavy meals in the evening that may cause indigestion and interfere with sleep. It is good to finish eating at least 2 to 3 hours before going to bed.
One of the greatest worldly calamities for a person is to lose his or her child. None but those who have gone through it know what it is like.
We are all tested in various ways by Allah in this world.
Allah says in the Quran chapter 2 verse 155
Sure We shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in goods or lives or the fruits but give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere.
Allah further says in the Holy Quran chapter 2 verse 155-157
Who when afflicted with calamity say, truly to Allah we belong and truly to Him we shall return. They are those whom are the blessings from your Lord and they receive His mercy , and it is they who are the guided ones.
At one more place Quran chapter 11 verse 11 Allah again promises to reward those who are patient in adversity:
Those who show patience and constancy and work righteousness, for then is forgiveness and a great reward.
Also mentioned in Holy quran chapter 2 verse 153 :
O you who have believed, seek help through patience and prayer. Indeed Allah is with the patient.
Also we find many Hadith that stresses upon the importance of being patient.
The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said: How wonderful is the affair of the believer for his affair is all good, and this applies to no one except the believer. If something good happens to him, he gives thanks and that is good for him, and if something bad happens to him, he bears it with patience, and that is good for him. ( Sahih Muslim Hadith number 5318).
AbuSinan said: I buried my son and Abu Talhah was sitting at the graveside. when i wanted to go he took my hand and said, Shall I not give you some glad tidings, O Abu Sinan?. i said yes. He said, Al Dahhaak ibn Abd al rehmann ibn Arzab narrated to me from Abu Moosa that Allah's messenger (pbuh) said When a person's child dies, Allah says to His angels , You have taken the child of my slave, they say yes, He says You have taken the apple of his eye, They say yes. He says , What did my slave say? They say, He praised You and said Innaa lillaahi wa inna ilahi raajion (Verily to Allah we belong and unto Him is our return). Allah says, Build for him My slave a house in paradise and call it the house of praise. ( Al Tirmizi Hadith number 942 ).
When Ibrahim (the son of the prophet PBUH) died Allah's Apostle said, There is a wet nurse for him in Paradise. ( Sahih Bukhari Volume 8 Book73 Hadith 215 )
Wednesday, December 17, 2014
Sunday, December 14, 2014
Prevention Is The Key!
A half-dozen trials are under way to test whether life style changes that are good for heart such as exercising and adopting a healthy diet free from fat can some how also prevent and postpone Alzheimer's disease.
Brain Stimulation Works
Many types of brain stimulation devices are being tested not only to treat and prevent Alzheimer's disease, but also to improve cognition in people without dementia. Some of these devices are implanted into the brain and some are worn externally like a head band.
For keeping your brain healthy, research shows that walking is as good as running, as it enhances blood supply to the brain and the memory centers.
This article has been taken from a publication by P Murali Doraiswamy a director of neuro cognitive disorders at Duke University.
1. Lint in your dryer:
Leaving lint in your dryer's lint trap- or worse inside the guts of your dryer can lead to a fire. It is important that you clean the lint trap after very use and make sure that the fluffy stuff has not accumulated any where else in the machine.
2. Aluminium Wiring: Homes built with aluminium wiring are 55 times more likely than those with copper wiring to go up in smoke and the chances of fire increase every year. Make sure when was your home built and if it was before 1972, have an electrician check out the wiring.
3. Paper Towels: This commonly used item causes surprising number of kitchen fires. never put them in microwave which can lead to ignition of metal flecks.
4. Humidifiers: A great thing for dry skin and cracked lips but dirty reservoirs and filters breed mold and bacteria, putting an increased risk of contamination from mist and steam, to avoid theses dangers change the water daily and clean the tank often , drying it thoroughly if not in use.
5. Fire places and chimneys: Cresote-caked chimneys can cause explosive fires or let carbon monoxide seep into your home. To avoid this hazard hire a chimney sweep and make sure you have a screen in front of your logs to keep embers inside the fireplace where they belong.
6. Fleas: Even if your cockapoo is clean, your hous still can get fleas. These litttle buggers piggy back on rodents and are responsible for spreading a number of diseases. Put on traps for rodents and get your house cleaned for fleas often.
7. Kitchen Sponges: Unless they are not sanitized seriously it is known that the kitchen sponge may carry more germs than on the toilet seat. You should regularly toss them in the dish washer and replace them often.
Wednesday, December 10, 2014
According to the Christian faith Jesus (pbuh) is the son of God and Christmas is celebrated as his birthday. It is a great sin to believe God having a son and so Muslims are not allowed to wish or celebrate Christmas.
The Holy Quran clearly mentions in Surah mariam chapter 19 verses 88-92:
They say God (Allah) Most Gracious has begotten a son. Indeed you have put forth a thing most monstrous!As if the skies are ready to burst, the earth to split assunder, and the mountains to fall down in utter ruin, that they should invoke a son for Allah most Gracious. For it is not consonant with the mejestiy of God Most gracious that He should beget a son.Begetting is a lower animal function of sex which can never be attributed to God. If anyone says or believes God having a son it means he dishonors the majesty of God.
Again it is mentioned i the Holy Quran surah Ikhlas chapter 112 verse 3:
He begets not, nor is He begotten.Many of us will be surprised to know that the religious book of Christians themselves The Holy Bible itself has nothing mentioned about Christmas nor there is any proof that Jesus (pbuh) was born on 25th of December. instead it i just a custom taken from the ancient pagans who celebrated this day as the birthday of the sun god in winter.
It is one of the greatest danger for today's generation to slowly lose their Islamic faith. Many Muslims argue saying that Christmas is just the celebration of Prophet Jesus birthday and that there is no harm in celebrating it. If it is so then why Our last prophet Mohammad (pbuh) never celebrated this birthday. Why do we not celebrate the birthdays of the other 24 prophets and messengers all of whose names are mentioned in the Quran? Why is that nothing is mentioned about celebrating this day in Holy Quran? The answer is simply because Allah don't want us to celebrate this day and that we should not follow the disbelievers.
A few question regarding Christmas are :
1. Was Jesus Really born On 25th of December?
2. Where in the Bible does it say to celebrate Christmas?
3. Did Paul, the apostles and the early church of the New testament celebrate Christmas?
4. What is the truth behind putting up a Christmas tree?
5.Why do most people celebrate Christmas?
Let us discuss shortly about all theses question one by one.
1. Was Jesus Really Born on 25th Of December?
There is no clear proof that Jesus was born on 25th of December. This date was just chosen some long time ago and instead it coincides with the pagans festival held in the winter. The truth is that Jesus was not even born in winter season. The proof is from the Bible where it mentions about the time when the Christ baby was born in the Gospel Of Luke chapter 2 verse 8:
And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by the night.This could never have occurred in the month of December. it was an ancient custom at that time to send out sheep to the fields and desserts about the pass over in early spring and bring them home at the commencement of first rain. Late Decembers are usually very cold and no shepherd could keep their fragile flock in the open fields at that time so it is not possible that Jesus could have born in the month of December. The exact date of Jesus's birth is entirely unknown and if God really wanted us to celebrate this day it would have not been kept hidden.
2. Where in the Bible does it say to celebrate Christmas?
No where in the Bible does it say to celebrate Christmas. It is not mentioned anywhere in the Bible to celebrate this day not their is any proof that Jesus himself celebrated his Birthday. The origin of Christmas has nothing to do with the Bible. If this day really honors the birth of Jesus one should think that why did Jesus never taught his apostles to keep Christmas? And why not his closest followers and the early church celebrate Christmas?
The true origin of Christmas in fact comes from an ancient pagan festival. The pagans celebrated 25th December as a birthday of an ancient sun god mithras.
The Bible clearly mentions not to invent or add anything other then that which is taught and so if Christmas is adopted a way to honor Jesus it is not according to the teachings of bible. It mentions in the Book of Deuteronomy chapter 12 verse 28 :
"Whatever I command you, be careful to observe it; you shall not add to it nor take away from it."
Tuesday, December 9, 2014
It is the last and the final revelation from Almighty God to the Whole of the Human kind. It was revealed to Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) about 1400 years ago. It confirms the previous revelations and the prophets and it was revealed in Arabic language although it has been translated in almost every language of the world.
The Holy Quran is a guide to the Human kind and shows us the way of life. But in order to understand and follow, it is important to read it with the understanding and the meaning without which we can not get the great benefits.
1. When you read or listen to the Holy Quran , if you want to benefit from it concentrate on it, pay close attention and take the message which our Lord, our Creator has given to us. Quran is the word of Allah. Allah says about it in Surah Qaaf chapter 50 verse 37
Certainly in this (Quran) is a message for anyone that has a heart and understanding or who gives ears while he is heedful.2. It is very important to read the Quran with the translation in the language you understand the best because without knowing what is being said it is not possible to follow the commands and get the benefit from it. Allah says in the Holy Quran in Surah Saad Chapter 38 verse 29:
Here is a Book (the Quran) which We have sent down unto you, which is blessed so that people may apply their minds to its signs, and the men of wisdom may reflect.3. The Holy Quran is a book of mercy and wisdom, it has warnings to the heedless and assurance to those in doubt. It gives hope to those who are in despair and comfort to the sufferings. All these benefits can only be gained when when reads it and understands it and also follows its teachings. Allah says in surah Al-Qamar chapter 54 verse 17:
And We have indeed made the Quran easy to understand and remember, then is there anyone who will be warned.4. The Holy Quran is one of the most widely respected and read book in the world but unfortunately it is read by majority of people without understanding. This is the reason that Muslims are not getting the true benefit from this miraculous book sent by Allah. It is a tragic misfortune that a person reads the Holy Quran but his life is unchanged and his heart untouched simply because he don't know the meaning of what he is reciting.
5 Allah says in the Holy Quran in Sural Al-imran chapter 3 verse 110:
Sunday, December 7, 2014
Saturday, December 6, 2014
Honey is a sweet liquid that is produced by honey bees using nectar from flowers. It has a large number of varieties and is basically produced by a process of regurgitation and evaporation and is stored as a primary food source in the beehive.
It has been used both as a food as well as a medicine since ancient times. Honey has been used in clinical research and has revealed many health benefits. Here we will describe briefly the benefits of honey as a medicine and cure for a large number of diseases.
1. Honey has been reported to have inhibitory effect on about 60 species of bacteria as well as large number of viruses and fungi.
2. Honey stimulates production of special cells that can repair tissue damage caused by infection. It also has anti-inflammatory action that can quickly reduce pain and inflammation.
3. Due to its antiseptic and anti bacterial properties honey has been used in the management of chronic wounds.
4. According to a recent research it shows that honey being a viscous substance is helpful in reducing symptoms of gastroesophagael reflux disease.
5. Honey is sometimes used for the prevention and treatment of seasonal allergies.
6. A special honey- Manuka honey produced in Australia and New Zealand has been shown to be effective in reducing plaque formation and can be compared to the chemical chlorohexidine gluconate.
7. According to a study published in 'Medical Science Monitor' in 2004 it showed that topical honey was far superior to drug acylovir in treating both labial and genital herpes lesions.
8. It has been used for cough suppression.
9. Honey contains anti-oxidants that can help reduce risk of certain cancers.
10.Some varieties of honey contain some friendly bacterial and so it can be used as a probiotic.
Friday, December 5, 2014
The story of prophet Zakariya is clearly explained in Holy Quran. He was taking care of Mariam (peace be upon her) when every time he entered her chamber to see her , he found her supplied with sustenance. He asked her where it comes from and she answered that it is from Allah, for Allah provides sustenance to whom He wills. At that time Prophet Zakariya prayed to Almighty Allah saying:
O My Lord Grant me from You a good offspring, for You are hearer of all prayers.(Surah Al-Imran Chapter 3 verse 38.)
Allah answered His prayer and gave him the glad tidings of being blessed by a son who will be named Yahya, and he will be pious and be a prophet.
The same story is repeated in Surah Mariam Chapter 19 verses 2- 9 ,
(This is) a recital of the Mercy of your Lord to His servant Zakariyya. Behold he cried to his Lord in secret, praying: O my Lord! Infirm indeed are my bones, and the hair of my head does glisten with grey, but never am I unblessed O my Lord, in my prayer to You. Now I fear (what) my relatives (and colleagues) (will do) after me, but my wife is barren, so give me an heir as from Yourself- (one that) will (truly) represent me, and represent the posterity of Jacob and make him , O my Lord, one with whom You are well pleased. (his prayer was answered) : O Zakariya! We give you good news of a son, his name shall be yahya, on none by that name have We conferred distinction before. He said, o my Lord1 how shall I have a son , when my wife is barren and I have grown quite dcrepit from old age?. He(Allah) said: So (it will be): your Lord says: That is easy for Me , i did indeed create you before , when you had been nothing.Again In surah Ambiya chapter 21 verse 89-90 it is mentioned:
And (remember) Zakariya, when he cried to his Lord: O my Lord! leave me not without offspring, though You are the best of inheritors. So We listened to him and we granted him Yahya, we cured his wife's (barrenness) for him.Also Prophet Ibrahim was granted children at a old age . It is mention in Surah ibrahim chapter 14 verse 39 where prophet Ibrahim says:
Monday, December 1, 2014
Sunday, November 30, 2014
Emotional Feelings Related To Divorce:
During the process of divorce or once the divorce takes place an individual both the men and the women have many emotional feelings that may have a long term psychological effect on their mind. theses feeling may include:
1. Anger: During all stages of divorce there are intense feelings of anger towards the Ex. The person may feel angry for not being understood, for his/her ex having an affair or just feel angry on the thought that why he/her was left alone.
2. Guilt: There is a feeling of guilt for both the partners whether they have initiated it or not. Feeling guilty on the fact that why one was not able to keep the marriage is a common emotion feeling in divorce.
3. Anxiety: Being anxious and stressful is a mixture of emotions that occur following a divorce. A person may stop taking care of oneself, missing meals and thinking only about the conditions that lead to divorce. It may be associated with sleep disturbances and continuous thoughts about the relationship with the ex.
4. Fear: People may remain terrified after a divorce. There may be fear of unknown or a fear of something worse happening in near future. There is a fear of what people would think and say and an individual might isolate oneself. There are thought of 'what if' disturbing the normal life.
5. Grief: When a marriage breaks up it is natural to grieve over the loss. It can be a very painful experience and going through all the stages of grief as for the death of a loved one may help recover oneself from the loss and the effects of divorce. It may take a long time and may even be a life long process of adjusting to the effects of divorce.
Friday, November 28, 2014
1. Smoking tobacco is both a physical addition as well as a psychological habit. Understand that it might be difficult to quit smoking but it is never impossible.
2. Make up the plan and fix the date to quit smoking. Also inform friends and family about your plan so that you will have people who can support you.
3. Identify your triggers for smoking like stress at work, or a stress with a relationship and try to avoid those triggers.
4. If you know a friend or a family member who smoke , you both can work together to help quit smoking.
5. Get rid of ashtrays, lighters and all the cigarettes.
6. Be prepared for the withdrawal symptoms which occur when the addicted body does not get its nicotine. The symptoms may include nausea, feeling sick, headache, anxiety, irritability and feeling awful but they will gradually subside over 2-4 weeks.
7. Talk to your doctor about getting help to quit smoking.
Thursday, November 27, 2014
Wednesday, November 26, 2014
Monday, November 24, 2014
Allah says in the Holy Quran chapter 17 verse 23:
Thy Lord has decreed that ye worship none but Him and ye be kind to your parents.
A similar message is repeated in Chapter 31 verse 14:
And We have enjoined on men (to be good) to his parents, in travail upon travail did his mother bear him and in years two was his weaning (hear the command) , show gratitude to Me and to thy parents, to Me is the final destination
Another verse shows how much important it is for people to be respectful towards their parents and to honor them and not to speak harsh with them. Allah says in the Holy Quran chapter 17 verse 23:
And Your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him , and that you be dutiful to your parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of disrespect, nor shout at them but address them in terms of honor.
Further it is told to make supplication for the parents and it is described as follows in chapter 17 verse 14 as:
My Lord Bestow upon them (parents) Your mercy as they did bring me up when I was small.
A similar message of being kind to parents is repeated in Chapter 46 verse 15 where Allah says:
We have enjoined on man kindness to his parents, In pain did his mother bear him, and in pain did she give him birth.
Sunday, November 23, 2014
Forgiving someone who has done wrong to you and forgetting about it has a great impact on ones own well being and feelings of happiness. Few people realize this truth.
According to a famous personality
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal, with an intent to throw it on someone else but instead you are the one getting burned.
It is never easy to forgive someone who has hurt you but that doesn't mean that we keep our own self at distress and discomfort just thinking about the revenge and staying angry forever.
This life has many ups and downs with experiences of suffering, loss, hurt, betrayal and injury but forgiving and forgetting will help let us go on and stay happy and content.
Definition of forgiveness as explained by Psychologists :
Psychologists define forgiveness as 'a shift in thinking' towards someone who has wronged you. It is explained as a feeling that the desire of taking revenge has decreased and instead a desire to do good has increased. Forgiveness is also a natural resolution in the grief process for any loss.
Forgiveness not necessarily means reconciliation:
If a person forgives another for the injustice done to him it is just his/her inner feelings and it does not necessarily mean to come together with the person he had suffered an injustice. After forgiving it is entirely up to the person himself either to reconcile or not. Sometimes even the person you forgive is not a part of your life anymore or has been deceased or you may think that the relationship with the concerned person may not be good for you.
Forgiveness Is Not Justice:
It is sometime easy to forgive someone who sincerely apologizes but sometimes justice needs to be given may be in the form of punishment by law or a compensation.
How To Forgive:
Forgiveness is a powerful choice which a person makes and it surely helps in a greater well being and stronger relationships.
Here are a few ways that may help you forgive:
1. Let go off the ill feelings in Your mind: It is better said then done but in order to truly forgive a person it is necessary to kick off all the ill and bitter feeling you have towards him in your mind. Once you get rid of the negative feelings you will feel more happier and content. It is not an overnight process and will take time. May be you can write it down to take them off your mind.
2. Be Honest with Yourself And Your God: Be sure to be honest and share your feelings with your God Who already knows what is inside your heart. Just trust in God and think positive and it will make you feel better.
3. Don't Try To change the Past: Understand the fact that past has gone and nothing could be done to change what already has happened. Try to make choices in the present that can be good for the future.
Allah! there is no god but He! To Him belong the most beautiful names.
|Allah||The Greatest Name|
|Al-Malik||3||The Absolute Ruler|
|Al-Quddus||4||The Pure One, the most Holy|
|As-Salam||5||The Source of Peace|
|Al-Mu’min||6||The Inspirer of Faith|
|Al-Bari’||12||The Maker of Order|
|Al-Musawwir||13||The Shaper of Beauty|
Friday, November 21, 2014
Tuesday, November 18, 2014
Fresh fruits and vegetables are an important part of a healthy diet. It helps keep you stay healthy and protects you from heart attack, stroke, obesity, high blood pressure and many other chronic diseases.
Benefits Of Eating Fresh fruits and Vegetables:
1. Fresh fruits and vegetables have very high levels of vitamins and minerals that are essential for a health body.
2. Eating raw fruits and vegetables helps keeping a normal body weight because it fills you up without giving extra calories.
3. Fruits and vegetables contain no animal fats and the natural sugar they contain is enough to provide plenty of energy.
4. Research and studies done show that a diet rich in fresh fruits and vegetables significantly lowers the risk of heart disease, helps control the blood pressure and prevents stroke.
5, There appears to be strong link between eating fruits and vegetables and protection against cancer.
6. Fruits and vegetables contain a high fiber content and so it is good for gastrointestinal health and prevents constipation and relieves the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome.
7. Eating fresh fruits and vegetables keeps your eyes healthy and studies show that it protects fro two common age related diseases: cataract and macular degeneration.
8. Adding fruits and vegetables to the dining table gives color and texture to the servings and make the food look more appealing and delicious to eat.
9 Fresh fruits and vegetables come in infinite variety and in all seasons and so there is always something new to try.
10. Fruits and veggies are also easy to grab for a snack and fun to eat.
How Much Fruits and Vegetables To Eat Each Day:
It is a common question that how much to eat and stay healthy and get the related health benefits.
Monday, November 17, 2014
A diagnosis of infertility is emotionally a very distressing event. Infertility has been a source of sadness and despair since very early times. People normally assume and expect that they will be able to have children and start a family whenever they choose, but when a couple starts experiencing problem with that then it begins to create anxiety and if after medical workup a diagnosis of infertility is made then it leads to feelings of hopelessness and grief.
Definition Of Infertility: By definition infertility is a difficulty in conceiving despite having regular unprotected sex. There is no defined cutoff period after which a medical professional may determine a couple to be infertile but statistics show that normally if a couple is trying to conceive naturally more than 3 years with no success is less than 25%.
- About 6% of married women age 15-44 years in United states are unable to get pregnant after one year of unprotected sex.
- According to NHS statistics about 1 in 6 couples experience difficulties when trying to conceive which means that around 3,500,000 people are affected by this condition in UK.
- A study done in year 2006-1007 and published in Oxford journal concludes that internationally there is a 9% prevalence of infertility among which 56% of couples seek medical care.
Common Emotions Felt When Infertility Is Diagnosed:
- Women may feel angry on the fact that she is not being able to get pregnant.
- She may be jealous of other pregnant women or friends who can get pregnant easily.
- Feelings of guilt.
- A women may have feelings of inadequacy, perceiving her body as dysfunctional.
- There may be a significant strain on the relationship of the couple.
- Females usually feel isolated from her social circle and society.
- Women may put everything else in their lives on hold and will try to put all the energy, time and what ever needed to get pregnant.
- Many women delay making changes in their carrier, to the current housing situation just thinking that it is better to wait until the baby arrives.
- For some women there goes a cycle of hopefulness until the period arrives that leads to feelings of severe disappointment and depression.
- In case if infertility is due to male factor, the men may feel that his masculinity is challenged
- Many men try to keep their infertility a secret that leads to isolation. .
- Couples may feel difficulty with scheduled intercourse.
- Some may start using alcohol or drugs.
Effect on the Relationship Between the couple:
Infertility puts a great strain on the relationship between the couple especially if a problem lies with one of them.
Sunday, November 16, 2014
How much water To Drink?
How much water should you drink each day? It is a simple and a common question to ask but has no simple answer. It depends and varies from person to person and is also effected by having any underlying disease, taking any medicines, weather changers, age and gender etc.
How much fluid an average health adult may need can be determined by studies which show that an average adult male requires approximately requires 3 liters of fluids per day while an average adult female requires appx. 2.2 liters of fluid per day.
Experts therefore recommend drinking 8 to 10 glasses of water each day to maintain good health.
- Drinking Water Helps Maintaining The balance of Body Fluids: Human body is composed of about 60% of water and the function of the body fluids is digestion, excretion, circulation, transportation of nutrients and maintaining a normal body temperature. When the body is low on fluids the brain triggers the thirst mechanism that makes us feel thirsty and drink water. If the body gets dehydrated it cannot function normally and in extreme cases may even lead to shock and death.
- Water Increases Energy Level and Relieves Fatigue: Drinking water keeps the body alert and helps concentrate better and boosts up the energy levels.
- Helps Weight Loss: Water removes by products of fat, helps decrease hunger, reduces eating intakes and promotes body metabolism,. All these have effects in controlling and losing weight.
- Improves Skin Complexion: Water keeps the skin moisturized, fresh, glowing and smooth.
- Drinking Water keeps You Young: Water helps prevents the development of wrinkles and make you look young and fresh.
- Helps In Digestion: Water improves the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract, helps in digestion and prevents constipation.
- Flushes Out The Body Toxins: Water is an excellent detoxifier and it helps get rid of waste products and toxins through excretion in the urine and sweat.