Friday, December 5, 2014

Supplications For Infertile Couples.

Infertility is a problem that is very heartbreaking but Islam is a complete way of life. It guides us to have trust in Almighty Allah and pray to Him. There is no disease that has no cure and the Holy Quran has verses that helps us to believe that Allah can bless infertile couples with children at even a very old age and that there is nothing impossible for Allah.
The story of prophet Zakariya is clearly explained in Holy Quran. He was taking care of Mariam (peace be upon her) when every time he entered her chamber to see her , he found her supplied with sustenance. He asked her where it comes from and she answered that it is from Allah, for Allah provides sustenance to whom He wills. At that time Prophet Zakariya prayed to Almighty Allah saying:

O My Lord Grant me from You a good offspring, for You are hearer of all prayers. 
(Surah Al-Imran Chapter 3 verse 38.)

 Allah answered His prayer and gave him the glad tidings of being blessed by a son who will be named Yahya, and he will be pious and be a prophet.
The same story is repeated in Surah Mariam Chapter 19 verses 2- 9 ,
(This is) a recital of the Mercy of your Lord to His servant Zakariyya. Behold he cried to his Lord in secret, praying: O my Lord! Infirm indeed are my bones, and the hair of my head does glisten with grey, but never am I unblessed O my Lord, in my prayer to You. Now I fear (what) my relatives (and colleagues) (will do) after me, but my wife is barren, so give me an heir as from Yourself- (one that) will (truly) represent me, and represent the posterity of Jacob and make him , O my Lord, one with whom You are well pleased. (his prayer was answered) : O Zakariya! We give you good news of a son, his name shall be yahya, on none by that name have We conferred distinction before. He said, o my Lord1 how shall I have a son , when my wife is barren and I have grown quite dcrepit from old age?. He(Allah) said: So (it will be): your Lord says: That is easy for Me , i did indeed create you before , when you had been nothing. 
Again In surah Ambiya chapter 21 verse 89-90 it is mentioned:
And  (remember) Zakariya, when he cried to his Lord: O my Lord! leave me not without offspring, though You are the best of inheritors. So We listened to him and we granted him Yahya, we cured his wife's (barrenness) for him. 
Also Prophet Ibrahim was granted children at a old age . It is mention in Surah ibrahim chapter 14 verse 39 where prophet Ibrahim says:

Praise be to Allah, Who has granted unto me in old age Ishmael and Issac: for truly  my lord is He, the Hearer of Prayers. 
 The story of Prophet Ibrahim being blessed with a son at old age is described in surah Hud chapter 11 verses 71-73:
And his wife was standing there and she laughed and We gave her glad tidings of Isaac, and after him of Jacob. she said Alas for me!Shall I bear a child, seeing I am an old woman, and my husband here is an old man? That would indeed be a strange thing!. They (angels) said: do you wonder at Allah's decree? The grace of Allah and His blessings on you, O you people of the house! for He is indeed worthy of all praise, full of all glory! 
Allah says in the Holy Quran surah Shoora chapter 42 verse 49-50:
To Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth, he creates what He wills (and plans). he bestows (children) male or female according to His will (and plan) Or He bestows both male and females , and He leaves barren whom he will: for he is full of knowledge and power.
 Allah is the creator of every thing and if he wishes He can bless anyone with children if He wills. We all believe that prophet Essa (Jesus) was born without a father so Allah can bless the infertile couples with children even if they have been diagnosed with problems. Nothing is impossible for Allah the creator and the lord of the universe.

Allah says in the Holy Quran surah Hashr chapter 59 verse24:
He is Allah, the Creator, The Evolver, The Bestower of forms, To Him belongthe most beautiful names, whatever is in the heavens and on earth, does declare His praise and Glory: and He is the Exalted in might, the Wise.
One should always pray to Allah and hope that one day the prayers will be answered because Allah Himself says in the Holy Quran Surah Al-baqarha chapter 2 verse 186:
When my servants ask you (prophet Mohammad PBUH) concerning Me, I am indeed close to them, I listen to the prayer of every supplicant , when he calls on Me, let them also , with a will, listen to My call and believe in Me , that they may walk in the right path.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment